Online registration is closed!
The GTA Rehab Network invites clinicians, policy and management professionals, researchers, and students to share the newest and best practice initiatives and research in any area of rehabilitation at our annual Best Practices Day conference on May 25, 2018 at the Chestnut Centre in downtown Toronto.
This year's conference theme is translating best practices into action, by:
|Opening Keynote Speaker|
Jaisa Sulit, BPHE, BEd, MScOT
|Closing Keynote Speaker|
Lynne Sinclair, BSc (PT), MA (Ad Ed)
SMART: Living the Assess and Restore Vision - One LHIN's Journey
A Needs-Based Approach to Rehabilitation Capacity Planning
Presenter: Matthew Meyer, BSc PhD
Building Capacity in the Management of Chronic Pain: From ECHO to the Plinth/Bedside
Bruyere Path to Home Passport - Have You Got Your Passport?
Presenter: Harvinder Singh, BScPhm, PharmD, RPh
From Bedside to Boardroom: Exploring Patient Engagement Opportunities in Rehab
Putting Practice First: Connecting Professional Practice with Strategy, Quality and Financial Health in a Rehabilitative Setting
|Rapid Podium Presentations|
1. Using the Functional Independence Measure in Inpatient Rehabilitation to Evaluate Health Equity Related to Language, Country of Birth and Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity
Presenters: Laura Forma, BSc. OT, OT Reg.(Ont.)
2. Co-Creating a Model of Care with Clients and Families: Co-Development of an Interprofessional Model of Care that Supports Clients with High Complexity and Cardio Respiratory Care Needs
Presenters: Anthony Danial, PharmD & Kim Krog, BScN MScN CRN(c)
3. The Standardization of Best Practice Implementation within the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit by Identifying the Barriers and Enablers to Practice
Presenter: Natalie Madramootoo, RN BScN CCRN
4. The Importance of Clinical Champions in Quality Improvement (QI) Work: An Example of Improving Access to Outpatient (Op) Rehab Post-Stroke
Presenters: Pamela Rahn, M.H.Sc. SLP(C) reg. CASLPO & Stacey Williams, M.Sc.(OT) OT Reg.(Ont.) MHM
5. Driving Post-Stroke: An Organizational Effort to Standardize
Presenters: Diana Sondergaard, M.Sc OT Reg.(Ont.), Janine Theben, Msc (OT) OT Reg.(Ont.) & Dana Lesko, HBOR (Th. Rec)
6. Experiences with Using a Modified Blaylock Discharge Planning Risk Assessment Screening Tool (Brass) to Predict Discharge Needs and Facilitate Timely Community Transitions for Stroke Patients in a High-Intensity Rehab Setting
Presenters: Megan Wormald, PT BSc PT MEd & Karl Wong, PT BHSc PT MHSc
Click HERE for a detailed PDF version of the conference program.
The People's Choice Award Competition
These awards recognize the high quality work presented at the conference and favourites as selected by delegates. The awards honour the work presented in both rapid podium presentations and poster displays. Four People's Choice Awards will be presented to:
Stay informed about Best Practices Day and other GTA Rehab Network initiatives by subscribing to our newsletter.