The GTA Rehab Network's 2012-2013 Annual Report is now available. This year's report, Changing the Conversation highlights how the Network's activities over the past year are helping to lay the foundation for a new conversation about rehabilitation and its role within the continuum of care.
Among the key highlights captured in the pages of the report:
- The Network's expanded role providing secretariat support for the provincial Rehabilitative Care Alliance, lending our regional experience and expertise at a provincial level while continuing to support our local initiatives;
- Facilitating the transition of patients post primary knee and primary hip replacements from acute care to outpatient rehabilitation with the introduction of new referral forms and process maps;
- Informing the province's development of quality-based funding policies for hip fractures and total joint replacement;
- Working with Toronto area stroke networks to support organizations in implementing the system changes required to enhance and realign hospital and outpatient based programs with best practice standards for stroke; and
- Developing a performance framework for outpatient rehabilitation.
These initiatives reflect the power of partnering with others to advance rehabilitation care. If you would prefer to have a hard copy of our 2012-2013 Annual Report, please email your request to Karen Allison, Office Manager, at email@example.com.